Thorn-Clarke are having a terrific run at the moment on the back of some fantastic awards and accolades over the last few months.
It seemed to all start with the 2004 Shotfire Ridge Quartage being awarded the top wine of the Adelaide Wine Show and has progressed from there with trophys and gold medals at other wine shows, high scores from Parker and Wine Spectator in the USA and a resultant increase in interest in our wines from all over the world.
2003 Shotfire Shiraz
- No 18 Top 100 wines from around the world (top Aussie) Wine Spectator Oct 2005
- Gold Melbourne Wine Show 2005
2004 Shotfire Shiraz
- 91/100 Wine Spectator Feb 2006
- Top 2004 Shiraz – Adelaide Wine Show 2005
- 92/100 Robert Parker Oct 2005
2003 Shotfire Ridge Quartage
- 90/100 Robert Parker Oct 2005
2004 Shotfire Quartage
- 3 trophys and a gold Adelaide Wine Show incl Best Wine of the show.
- Gold & Trophy Barossa Wine Show Sept 05
- Gold & Top of class National Wine Show
2003 Terra Barossa Cuvee
- No 12 Best Value Australian reds Wine Spectator Sept 2005
2004 Terra Barossa (Sandpiper in Australia) Shiraz
- 89/100 Robert Parker Oct 2005
2004 Sandpiper Merlot
- Gold & Trophy Hobart 2005
- Silver National Wine Show Canberra 2005
Our Cellar Door is located around 2.5 km East of Angaston (signs from the top of the main street) if you happen to be in the Barossa. Our Cellar Door traffic is increasing and people are discovering a real surprise. An out of the way Cellar Door, with amazingly good value (ie The Shotfire’s are $20 and we have stock!), highly acclaimed wines and a great view of typically beautiful Eden Valley vineyard country.
We look forward to seeing you!